You can skip the merciless online application process.
Why play the Elimination Game, where one keyword or unsatisfied criterion can throw you out?
Instead, you can play the Hiring Game.
Here are the basic rules:
1 – Find the hiring manager who has the power to make the hiring decision and reach out to them directly
2 – Focus on their needs and challenges, as opposed to your own objectives or credentials
3 – Send them a human-written resume with a cover letter, explaining how you can make their life easier
4 – Invite them to start a real conversation without obsessing over getting a job offer right away
5 – Be authentic and not afraid to express your voice
In this game you don’t lose anything.
And your guaranteed prize includes:
• winning invaluable human trust,
• gaining a real-life connection and expanding your network,
• having your application read by another human,
• separating yourself from hundreds of other applicants,
• increasing your odds of being invited to an interview.